CLUBS, ASSOCIATIONS AND FEDERATION
How is it played? (Rules)
The game consists in knocking down as many skittles as possible in two rolls, first from the different shooting points and then inside the pinball area from the point where the ball has stopped. In addition you can get 10 more points, from the lines of fire, if you can do emboque, which is that the ball thrown from the shot down the first skittle of the middle row and deviate its trajectory and knock down the emboque, pass over of it without knocking it down or reach the line in the section between the emboque and its side band. There are two ways of working (throwing the ball giving effect) the ball that will depend on the placement of the emboque:
-To the thumb, the emboque will be placed between the right band and the bowling box. The ball will be worked so that it develops a right turn, thus giving an effect to where the emboque is placed.
-At hand, the embouch will be placed between the left band and the bowling box. The ball will be worked to get the necessary effect to the left and knock down the emboque.
The knocked down, both from the shot and from the birle, are worth 1 point each, except the central bolus that knocked down alone is worth 2 points . The emboque can only be made from the shot and its value will be 10 points that will be added to the knocked down bowls. Each player can re-roll the valid balls from the place they have stopped, that is, swipe. On this occasion the emboque is not placed, as it lacks value. It can be played individually, in pairs or by teams of 4 players. In singles and pairs they will throw three balls per player and throw and, when playing by teams, two balls per player in each throw.
There are two game systems: the Free Game and the Contest Game. In the Free Game, the distance of the shots, the line and the position and the value of the hole can be varied at will of the players or the teams, in each game or “boy”. Each “boy” is 40 skittles. The number of boys is agreed in advance, but usually 6 boys are set per game. The game starts with the draw to choose the one that goes hand-in-hand, setting the shooting distance. The second team puts the line, the emboque to the hand or the thumb and its value between 10 and 40 skittles. Win the team that gets the most skittles as long as at least one of them makes 40 or more skittles.
The system of Game by Contest will be made to 8 throws per player: 2 thrown to the high line and emboque the hand. The shooting distance is usually 16 m, in the same way there will be another 2 shots to the thumb. After that, there will be 2 throws to the line in the middle, with the emboque the hand and with a shooting distance of 18 m. And another 2, in the same way, but with the thumbhole.
They are null balls from the shot:
– those that are worked on the opposite side of the emboque.
-the short balls. Those that when falling hit in the strap or before him.
– the long balls. Those whose first impact occurs beyond the last line of skittle.
– those that directly knock down one of the three skittles in the row opposite to the emboque or the first skittle of the row of the emboque. -balls that go outside the box. These balls are not valid, they will not count down the skittles and can not be swiped.
– They are null balls from the birle:
– those in which swiping moves the toe of the foot after the ball.
– those in which the swiping is introduced into the box some arm or foot.
– It will be a box ball that, after being thrown from the shot, stops inside the box. This ball will be removed and the game will continue. Then he will swipe from the position the player wants.
– The pins that, without being knocked down, are moved out of their stake will be counted as knocked down.
– Be considered play of the stab, when the ball thrown from the shot falls on the first bolus or his stake, so that without going through the line AF back again to the line of fire, giving rise to various possibilities of swiping.
– During the fight, a player may estimate that the balls not yet cleared are used to swipe others. Then they can retire provisionally, previously indicating the place they occupy and from whose corresponding signals they will swipe.
Sport or Game History and origins:
UNIVERSIDAD SAN JORGE
The game consists of knocking down as many skittles as possible in two rolls, first from the different shooting points and then inside the pin hole from the point where the ball has stopped.
Physical: Motor skills improvement (coordination, balance, agility, etc.)
Social: Socialization (social relations based on game/sport).
Social: Integration (intergenerational, integender, intercomunities, etc.).
Psychological: Relaxation (de-stressing, problem distractor, etc.)
Nine skittles of birch or hazel wood, 450 mm high and 50 mm in diameter at the base. They are placed an iron ring fitted into the base to facilitate standing.
The emboque, smaller skittle of the same wood as the bolos, which measures 285 mm in height and 50 mm in diameter at its base.
The balls, oak wood, may not be less than 120 mm in diameter, nor greater than 180 mm.
Is it related to an specific event or festivity ( festivals, religious or pagan celebrations)?
No, it is not.